1st Friday of every month, at 12 noon EST (mostly 60 minutes, some longer)
Energy Blockchain Consortium presents a series of Webinars on Blockchain and its application in the Energy industry. These Webinars are free and are open to the public. You do not need to be a Consortium member to join. The webinars are delivered live and can be viewed offline for those who cannot join live. The Webinars are offered on the first Friday of every month (or second Friday if first week has major holiday), starting on June 1st, 2018.
Recordings of past webinars are available on our YouTube channel. Click “Play Recording“ below to play the recording now. We also encourage you to also subscribe to our channel on the YouTube page.
Friday June 1st, 2018 at 12 noon EST (US)
Introduction to Blockchain
This is your first class to Blockchain. This Webinar will answer the following key questions:
1. What is Blockchain?
2. What is the hype all about?
3. What is its practical use in the real world?
4. How is it related to Bitcoin, and what is the danger?
5. How can it be useful in the Energy industry?
This webinar will open the Blockchain hood and provides the basics and its relevance to the Energy industry. Key questions addressed
1. What’s under the Blockchain ‘hood’?
2. How does Blockchain work?
3. How Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies are tied to Blockchain?
4. What is Consensus, SmartContracts etc?
5. How does Blockchain make stuff more secure?
Get a global perspective on the early use of Blockchain by the Utilities to modernize the grid. Key questions answered:
1. Provide example of Use Cases?
2. Why Blockchain is or should be attractive to Utilities?
3. Will Blockchain dis-intermediate the Utilities?
4. How do Utilities prepare for Blockchain?
5. How will Utilities benefit from Blockchain?
Webinars are presented Live and accessible from across the globe for free. All you need is an Internet connected computer or a smatphone. A library with past webinars is available for convenient access by anyone and anytime, 24x7x365. It is recommended that you register for the webinar even if you may or maynot view it live, because links to the library will be sent for your convenience after completion of each webinar.
Webinars are presented by experts with Energy and Blockchain background. Each presenter has over 20 years of energy and technology experience and is a published author and avid presenter in conferences and webinars.
Webinars are between 45 to 55 minutes long and offered predictably at 12 noon EST (New York time) on the 1st Friday of every month starting on June 1, 2018. Mark your calendar for the next 12 months for “me“ time. You deserve it!